On 1 July 2018, we celebrated the opening of our newest property in Entebbe, Uganda – Hotel No. 5. Although we aren’t strangers to operating and maintaining camps and lodges, our latest property will be our first venture into a hotel-style set-up. We are looking forward to welcoming many more guests and providing some Wild Frontiers’ hospitality during your stay.
Entebbe is a small, quiet town located on the shores of Lake Victoria and is easy to explore on foot, boda bodas (local motorbike) or taxis. Soak up the local markets filled with clothes and crafts, shop for souvenirs in curio shops, explore the Botanical Gardens or take a cruise on Lake Victoria.
Hotel No. 5 is a stylish boutique hotel nestled in the leafy suburbs of Entebbe, Uganda. Ideally located 10 minutes from Entebbe International Airport, Hotel No. 5 may be located in Uganda’s second largest city, but the peaceful hotel grounds will provide an escape from the buzz and activity of Entebbe.
Make yourself at home – unwind beside the swimming pool, pamper yourself with a spa treatment, or work up a sweat in the hotel gym. For one of the most flavoursome dining experiences in Entebbe, carefully planned menus are paired to an international wine list, and served with pride.
At a Glance:
- Located 10 minutes from Entebbe International Airport
- Ten luxury rooms (5 twin and 5 double)
- Five double story self-catering apartments
- All rooms are air conditioned with an en-suite bathroom, WiFi, flat screen TVs with DSTV, valuables safe, tea and coffee making facilities, and mosquito nets
- Each double storey luxury apartment is well appointed as above, featuring an upstairs bedroom and a living room with an open plan kitchen on the lower level
- Restaurant serving outstanding food, and a versatile menu paired with an international wine list
- Swimming pool
Activities in the Area:
- Uganda Wildlife Education Centre: Chimpanzee Up Close Programme, Behind the Scenes Visit, Keeper for the Day, Keeper’s Guided Tour
- Ngamba Island Chimp Sanctuary
- Mabamba Swamp Cruise – This is a must-do tour for avid bird watchers
When to Go:
Hotel No. 5 is open all year round. Travellers may want to take take the dry and rainy seasons into consideration.
- Dry season – June to September and December to February
- Rainy season – March to May and October to November
- 10 minute drive from Entebbe International Airport
- Most direct route is via Kampala Road (Airport Road)
Additional Camps and Lodges
Uganda is a beautiful country with much to offer, and Wild Frontiers operates three other camps and lodges: