With sun-soaked plains that seem to stretch to the ends of the earth, an abundance of wildlife and one of the most famous mass wildlife migrations in the world, few people ever forget their first trip to Tanzania. With so much to see, exploring Tanzania is no easy task, especially when your camp is static.
Experience Tanzania’s renowned game parks in our comfortable safari vehicles, or on foot, and overnight in private sites in the heart of the bush, with our ‘Explorer-style’ mobile tented camp.
Focus on your safari with this traditional experience, as a full safari crew moves ahead of you to set up camp. We provide extremely spacious tents with en-suite shower/toilet, comfortable beds and quality linen. Our safari chef prepares delicious meals and the camp staff attend to your every need.
These safaris allow complete flexibility of routing and areas visited, meaning you can experience the best areas for the best
safari experience. Guests will also enjoy the fact that there are no noisy lodges or camps around, or other people in camp…allowing you to truly enjoy the tranquillity of the bush.
To ensure that you get the most out of your Explorer-Style experience, we design itineraries that follow your personal desires,
whether it be tracking the wildebeest migration through the Serengeti or walking with the Maasai in Ngorongoro. Our safaris travel into the best areas of this game-packed region – and if you would like to mix and match a few days in permanent camps or lodges, this can easily be designed for you.
The Explorer Style Mobile Safari offers a host of benefits for a unique bush experience:
- No noisy lodges or camps surrounded by other visitors: As opposed to going to sleep and waking up to the sound of fellow guests, fall asleep to the sound of roaring lions and awaken to the sound of chirping birds.
- Top quality equipment and support vehicles: Enjoy your safari care free as a support crew go ahead of you to set up camp.
- Appeal of camping with all the basic comforts and more: Comfortable beds, good linen, en-suite toilets, and hot showers are provided by the crew and all meals are prepared by our safari chef.
- See the best places: With so many Tanzania safaris under our belt, we know where the best places are and when to visit them. We will choose the best places to set up our camps in order to design the ultimate safari to suit your needs. This is particularly important for specialist trips where good quality fixed accommodation is not readily available.
- Private groups: Enjoy exclusivity on your own private group safari.
We also offer fully guided and supported Walking Safaris in the Serengeti National Park, which may be taken in conjunction with an Explorer Mobile Safari.
These walks must be pre-booked and operate in special remote wilderness areas with armed Tanzania National Park guides as well as our own guides. Our crew goes ahead and sets up camp each night.
The overnight tents used for the walking safaris are smaller, and a communal shower/toilet will be assembled for our guest’s convenience.
When to Go
The camp is open all year round, with abundant resident game. At certain times of the year, the camp is right in the path of the wildebeest migration.
January to March – Wildebeest in southern Serengeti plains where the calving takes place. Open grasslands, great visibility, and plenty of predator interaction.
April to May – Rainy season, fantastic photographic opportunities, dramatic skies
and clear visibility. Perfect if you don’t want to go at a busy time. Green/low season rates available.
June to July – Migration continues moving central / west and northwards.
August to October – Excellent game viewing during the drier months, particularly around the west and northern areas, along the Mara and Grumeti Rivers.
November to December – The return of the wildebeest through the central to the southern plains of the Serengeti to begin the whole process again.
We actively support the community where possible, and have been instrumental in assisting with ‘give a net, save a life’ mosquito net distribution. Other projects in the community include refurbishing and building schools, tree-planting, etc. A number of projects have been undertaken with our guests and corporate groups over the years.