Serengeti North Wilderness Camp
Exclusive Camps and Lodges, Tanzania & Uganda, was established in 2005. Each camp or lodge within the ‘group’, whilst having its own style, has been developed with the same ethos in mind…we concentrate on service and offer simple luxury to our discerning guests. The location of the Serengeti North Wilderness Camp has been carefully selected in the northernmost corner of the Serengeti National park. This relatively isolated spot is close to the Mara River and is just a few kilometres from one of the recognised ‘crossing points’ for the wildebeest migration.The great thing about Northern Serengeti is that it is nowhere near as densely populated as the Maasai Mara. We would like to invite you to stay with us, and enjoy our hospitality.
Serengeti North Wilderness Camp is a ‘seasonal’ camp located in the north of the Serengeti National Park, a short distance from the Mara River. Seasonal camps have the benefit of being able to move to some of the best game viewing areas of the park, and we work under strict National Park guidelines with the camp being truly eco-friendly.
Comprising just twelve spacious tents (including a 4-bed family tent), we provide comfortable beds and quality linen, with en suite flushing toilet and ‘bush shower’. Lighting is by 12-volt (solar powered) with bedside lamps provided. The tents each have a shady verandah.
An airy, central dining tent complements our comfortable lounge tent which has a small reference library, maps, some games for children and a recharging facility for cameras, videos as well as WiFi. Our safari chef will prepare sumptuous meals for your enjoyment. Evenings offer a typical safari campfire around which our guests enjoy sundowners and snacks, and relive the day’s experiences.
We provide a friendly, intimate quality tented bush camp, with good facilities in an amazing area, with due respect for this fragile ecosystem.
As well as ‘drive-in’ safaris, we have a well-priced ‘fly-in’ safari package. You fly into Kogatende airstrip (which is about a 30-min game drive away) and then spend nights at this camp, enjoying game drives in the area guided by one of our professional guides. You may stay for any number of nights, but we recommend a minimum of 3 or 4 to relax and fully explore the region.
- Walking safaris
- Birding: very rewarding both around the camp and on game drives
- Balloon safari: enjoy a bird’s eye view as you gently float above the majestic Serengeti plains
- Other safari highlights in the region include Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Ol Donyo Lengai active volcano and Lake Natron, and of course the Rift Valley, Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Parks
At a Glance
- seasonal camp, located in the Northern Serengeti, close to the Mara River
- twelve large en suite tents (including a 4-bed family tent), with comfortable beds and quality linen
- bush shower and flushing toilets
- large central dining and lounge area under canvas with well-stocked bar and WiFi
- maps and reference books, and a selection of board-games
- solar lighting and recharging facilities available
- children and families welcome, children 6 years plus
- game drives, walking safaris, bird-watching and balloon flights
- fly-in safaris available
- leisure groups, corporate groups and think tanks catered for