Located in the heart of the Serengeti, in a pristine area that offers unparalleled game viewing, Serengeti Wilderness Camp is open all year round, and is located to the east of the famous central Seronera region.
Comprising just ten spacious tents, including a family tent, our focus is on your comfort and enjoyment. There is nothing better than being lulled to sleep at night by the sounds of the bush, safely inside your well-appointed ‘safari bedroom’. The tents are en suite with flushing toilets and a bush-shower. A private verandah offers a shady place to relax.
A large central dining tent complements our comfortable lounge tent which has a small reference library, maps, some games for children, a charging station for cameras and WiFi.
Our safari chef will prepare sumptuous meals for your enjoyment and evenings offer a campfire around which our guests enjoy sundowners and snacks, and share the day’s experiences.
At a Glance
- Located near the central zone of the Serengeti National Park
- Ten large, en suite tents with comfortable beds and quality linen; including a family tent (4-bed)
- Eco-friendly camp with solar lighting and charging facilities available
- Bush shower and flushing toilets
- Large central dining and lounge area under canvas with a well-stocked bar.
- Maps and reference books, and a selection of board-games
- Children and families welcome (children 6 years plus)
- Game drives, walking safaris, bird-watching and balloon flights
- Fly-in safaris available
- Leisure groups, corporate groups and think tanks are catered for
- Birding: very rewarding, both around the camp and on game drives
- Balloon safari: enjoy a bird’s eye view as you gently float above the majestic Serengeti plains
- Other safari highlights in the region include Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Ol Donyo Lengai active volcano and Lake Natron.
When to Go
The camp is open all year round, with abundant resident game. At certain times of the year, the camp is right in the path of the wildebeest migration.
January to March – Wildebeest in southern Serengeti plains where the calving takes place. Open grasslands, great visibility, and plenty of predator interaction.
April to May – Rainy season, fantastic photographic opportunities, dramatic skies
and clear visibility. Perfect if you don’t want to go at a busy time. Green/low season rates available.
June to July – migration continues moving central / west and northwards.
August to October – excellent game viewing during the drier months, particularly around the west and northern areas, along the Mara and Grumeti Rivers.
November to December – the return of the wildebeest through the central to the southern plains of the Serengeti to begin the whole process again.
We actively support the community where possible, and have been instrumental in assisting with ‘give a net, save a life’ mosquito net distribution. Other projects in the community include refurbishing and building schools, tree-planting, etc. A number of projects have been undertaken with our guests and corporate groups over the years.