Serengeti Wilderness Camp
Located in the heart of the Serengeti, in a pristine area that offer unparalleled game viewing, Serengeti Wilderness Camp is open all year round, and is located to the east of the famous central Seronera region.
Comprising just twelve spacious tents, including a family tent, our focus is on your comfort and enjoyment. There is nothing better than being lulled to sleep at night by the sounds of the bush, safely inside your well-appointed ‘safari bedroom’. The tents are en suite with flushing toilets and a bush-shower. A private verandah offers a shady place to relax.
A large central dining tent complements our comfortable lounge tent which has a small reference library, maps, some games for children, a charging station for cameras and WiFi.
Our safari chef will prepare sumptuous meals for your enjoyment and evenings offer a campfire around which our guests enjoy sundowners and snacks, and share the day’s experiences.
Serengeti Wilderness Camp is a ‘seasonal’ camp located in the heart of the Serengeti National Park. The style of camp is simple but with every comfort being taken care of. Seasonal camps have the benefit of being able to move to some of the best game viewing areas of the park and every three to six months we move to a new location. We work under Park’s guidelines and the camp is truly eco-friendly.
Comprising just twelve spacious tents, we provide comfortable beds and quality linen, with en suite eco-friendly flushing toilet and bush-shower off an intimate dressing room area. Lighting is by 12-volt (solar powered) with bedside lamps provided.
The tents each have a shady verandah, where guests may relax and read quietly or perhaps watch birds and animals. A large, airy, central dining tent complements our comfortable lounge tent which has a small reference library, maps, some games for children and a recharging facility for cameras and videos. Our safari chef will prepare sumptuous meals for your enjoyment and special dietary requests are taken care of. We also have a typical safari campfire in the evenings for our guests to enjoy sundowners and snacks, and relive the day’s experiences. Our staff will look after your every need, and will be on attendance virtually around the clock! We provide a friendly, intimate quality tented bush camp, with good facilities in an amazing area, with due respect for this fragile ecosystem
At a Glance
- seasonal camp, moving every 3–6 months to prime locations within the central zone
of the Serengeti National park
- ten large, en suite tents with comfortable beds and quality linen
- bush shower and eco-friendly flushing toilets
- large central dining and lounge area under canvas with well-stocked bar
- maps and reference books, and a selection of board-games
- solar lighting and recharging facilities available
- children and families welcome, children 5 years plus
- larger groups catered for by prior arrangement
- game drives, walking safaris, bird-watching and balloon flights
- fly-in safaris available
- corporate groups and think tanks catered for
- Birding: very rewarding, both around the camp and on game drives
- Balloon safari: enjoy a bird’s eye view as you gently float above the majestic Serengeti plains
- Other safari highlights in the region include Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Ol Donyo Lengai active volcano and Lake Natron.
We actively support the community where possible, and have been instrumental in assisting with ‘give a net, save a life’ mosquito net distribution. Other projects in the community include refurbishing and building schools, tree-planting, etc. A number of projects have been undertaken with our guests and corporate groups over the years.