Overview of Itinerary
Come explore the “land of a Thousand Hills”, a green undulating landscape of hills, lakes and tea plantations. In the north, the magnificent Virunga Mountain range dominates – a group of six towering volcanoes standing sentry along the border of Rwanda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda. Here lies the Volcanoes National Park, refuge to endangered mountain gorillas.
Apart from gorilla trekking, there are many other activities to be enjoyed in this area including forest walks, trekking golden monkeys, and a number of cultural and community tourism initiatives.
– Arrival transfer from Kigali Airport to Kigali Hotel
– 1 night accommodation at Hotel Des Mille Collines in a city view room including breakfast
– Private transfer to Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
– 3 nights accommodation at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge in a standard room on a full board basis (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
– Return private transfer to Kigali airport
– Emergency Evacuation Insurance
– All international flights and airport taxes
– Personal expenses such as porters, drinks, tips, visas and travel insurance
– Health requirements including compulsory Yellow Fever innoculation and Covid requirements as per country/airline
– Gorilla Permit of USD 500
– Optional Golden Monkey Trek (USD 100 per person)
– Optional Dian Fossey Grave Hike (USD 75 per person)
– Optional Kigali Genocide Tour (USD 50 per person)