Uganda, dubbed “The Pearl of Africa” by Winston Churchill, is a diverse land locked country that is most famed for its mountain gorilla population found in the forests bordering Rwanda and the DRC. With game rich National Parks, mighty rivers, enormous lakes and snow covered mountain peaks, Uganda is a birder’s paradise, a fisherman’s dream and an absolute treat for safari goers.
Located in the north of Uganda in Murchison Falls National Park, is Baker’s Lodge. Deriving its name from the historic English explorer Samuel Baker, Baker’s Lodge is situated on the south bank of the mighty Nile River which transects Murchison Falls National Park.
Uganda is a beautiful country with much to offer, where Wild Frontiers runs three camps and lodges:
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Baker’s Lodge in Murchison Falls National Park
- Buhoma Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
Today, we’d like to take you on a quick tour of Baker’s Lodge.
Opened in 2015, Baker’s is an eco-friendly lodge with an “Africa of old” feel, nestled amongst shady trees and wetland areas on the banks of the mighty Nile River.
Baker’s Lodge offers guests a remote escape in a tranquil setting. Attentive service, outstanding food and a host of activities ensure a memorable stay, with many guests feeling they didn’t stay long enough when it’s time to leave.
At a glance:
- Intimate, eco-friendly lodge with ten luxury cottages on raised decks
- Al fresco dining on the river banks
- Bush breakfasts
- Free WiFi
- Our fleet of boats for fishing and river cruises
Activities in the area:
- River cruises
- Day trips to Murchison Falls
- Fishing – including Nile Perch (catch and release)
- Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo Forest
- Bird watching with specialist guides
- Game drives
- Bush walks
When to go:
Baker’s Lodge is open all year round, where game and bird life is prolific.
- Bird watching is better during October and November with migratory species settling in
- Fishing is best in summer (September to April), but you can make decent catches all year round
- 3 hour drive from Kampala
- 5 hour drive from Entebbe
- Scheduled charter flights
Reviews and guest comments:
We’ve been awarded a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for consistently great traveller reviews. To have a look at some guest reviews click here.