Murchison Falls, Nile Perch, Chimp trekking and Shoebill Storks – just some of the wonders of BAKER’S LODGE
Uganda, dubbed “The Pearl of Africa” by Winston Churchill, is a diverse land locked country that is most famed for its mountain gorilla population found in the forests bordering Rwandaand the DRC. With game rich National Parks, mighty rivers, enormous lakes and snow covered mountain peaks, Uganda is a birders paradise, a fisherman’s dream and an absolute treat for safari goers.
It is a beautiful country with much to offer, where Wild Frontiers run 3 camps/lodges:
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Baker’s Lodge in Murchison Falls
- Buhoma Lodge in Bwindi
Today, we’d like to take you on a quick “tour” of our Baker’s Lodge.
Opened in 2015, Baker’s is an eco friendly lodge with an “Africa of olde” feel, nestled amongst shady trees and wetland areas on the banks of the mighty Nile River.
Named after the English Explorer Samuel Baker – the first European to view and name Murchison Falls – Baker’s Lodge offers guests a remote escape in a tranquil setting. Attentive service, outstanding food and a host of activities ensure a memorable stay, with many guests feeling they have stayed too short when it is time to leave.
At a glance:
- Intimate eco-friendly lodge with eight luxury cottages on raised decks
- Al Fresco dining on the river banks
- Bush breakfasts
- Free Wifi
- Wild Frontiers owns a fleet of boats for fishing and river cruises
Activities in the area:
- River cruises
- Murchison Falls
- Fishing – including Nile Perch (catch and release)
- Chimpanzee trekking in Budongo Forest
- Bird watching with specialist guides
- Game drives
- Bush walks
When to go:
Baker’s Lodge is open all year round, with game and bird life always prolific.
- Bird watching is enhanced during Oct/ Nov with migratory species settling in
- Fishing is best in summer (Sep to Apr) … but we do catch all year round
- 5 hour drive from Entebbe
- Scheduled or charter flights
Reviews and Guest comments:
We’ve been awarded a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellent for consistently great traveller reviews.
“Beautiful lodge with excellent service!“
“Even better than I had expected!“